writing and presentations
- "Where Linked Data Can Impact User Experience", 2020 LD4 Conference on Linked Data for Libraries
- "Coding and Clustering User Research Data" (workshop), Designing for Digital 2020 (with John Jung)
- "Evaluating Discovery Architectures", DLF Forum 2018 (with David Bietila)
- "'Get It': Streamlining Fulfillment at UChicago", BTAA Library Conference, Discovery in 2018: Issues and Trends (with David Bietila)
- "Benefits of Homemade Smartphone Camera Rigs for UX Testing", Designing for Digital 2016 (with John Jung)
- Wildemuth, B. M., Kelly, D., Boettcher, E., Moore, E., & Dimitrova, G. (2018). Examining the impact of domain and cognitive complexity on query formulation and reformulation. Information Processing & Management, 54(3), 433-450.
- Boettcher, E. (2016). Predicting the Difficulty of Trivia Questions Using Text Features (Unpublished master's thesis), University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC.
I have written pub quiz-style trivia questions for the Museum of the American Revolution's History After Hours events (2019 - present) and for the University of Chicago Library Staff Day (2017). Example questions available upon request.